Greek-Style Chicken Burgers
These are so moist and flavorful! What a great change-of-pace from the typical beef burger! The sauce is fantastic! I served the extra sauce with veggies and crackers. Yum!
Sauce:
½ c sour cream (I used light)
¼ c. chopped peeled cucumber
¼ c. crumbled feta cheese
1 ½ tsp. dill weed
1 ½ tsp lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
Burgers:
1 med. onion, finely chopped
¼ c. dry bread crumbs
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 lb. ground chicken
4 hamburger buns
4 lettuce leaves
4 tomato slices
Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
For the burgers, combine onion, crumbs, oregano, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four burgers. Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the meat is no longer pink. Serve each on a bun with lettuce, tomato, and 2 Tbsp. sauce.
Note: I served these with a cucumber-tomato salad (dice cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion. Add feta and greek vinaigrette dressing)
1 comment:
I've got to try those. I love a Merkle recipe!
Post a Comment