Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I Now Pronounce You Husband and Wife

August 22, 2009
Kristen and Chris's Big Day
The beautiful brides-to-be...though Kimmy's wedding day is not until February.
She says this was the "practice wedding."
Jon looking handsome in his junior bridesmen's outfit (no that's not a typo...On Kristen's side were Kimmy, Andy, and Scott and then the boys; On Chris's side were his two brothers and his sister...very different, but really nice. It was pretty comical, though, when my husband attempted to fix Kristen's beautiful train!!!)

Jake also looking dapper


Because they live just right down the street, the Merkle family has always walked to church. Kristen wanted to keep the tradition going, even on her wedding day. So, here she is, walking to church.

The youngest (and best behaved) flower girl, Aubrey

Moments before the wedding, in the church nursery

They boys, patiently waiting

Can you say ornery????

T-R-O-U-B-L-E

Aunt Kimmy and the boys in the limo. The boys were SO excited to take their first limo ride and Aunt Kristen and Uncle Bean were kind enough to allow them to join them.

May I introduce Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Nelson


Four kids and 36? years later, my in-laws still looking as happy as they did on their own wedding day.

The first dance as Mr. and Mrs.

About six years ago, Scott and Laura got married in a very small ceremony before Scott deployed to Iraq with the Army. They never had a reception or a first dance, so the DJ asked Scott and Laura to come out to the dance floor, told their story and finally, they had their "first dance" together. I was bawling. It was such and incredibly kind, selfless, and heartfelt gesture made by Chris and Kristen on their special day and I know Scott and Laura really appreciated it.

Muncle Don and Aunt Kimmy
You're next guys!!!! Take notes! We can't wait!
Quick funny...Chris said to Don, "Don't you know that I'm supposed to be the best looking guy here tonight?" I thought that was pretty funny.
Jon just adores his Muncle Don. They were hanging out together at the reception and I was out dancing. Don asked Jon if he wanted to go dance, too and Jon said "no thanks." Don said, "I think it would make your mommy really happy." Jon flew out to the dance floor as fast as he could. That's my boy! I love that kid!

Laura and Aubrey (and Jake trying to sneak into the picture ;-) )Aubrey was SO good the whole night! I was amazed!

This is probably 10:30 at night, and all three kids were still out on the dance floor rockin'! Lizzie had her meltdown at dinner, where for a half hour, I was wishing we had gotten a sitter, but after that, she rallied and danced all night (or at least was in someone's arms as they danced!)! The boys did an awesome job, start to finish. They received so many compliments from various friends, family members, and even the waitstaff at the banquet hall. That makes mama happy. Daddy, the best bridesman, looking dapper, as well. Now we know where the boys get it.

Lizzie enjoying some cake...very much!

Dancin' with mommy

Jon finally crashed...but only for a couple minutes. That song, "come on ride the train..." came on and Andy said, "Hey Jon, wanna dance to the choo-choo song?" "Yes please!" and up he ran to the dance floor yet again!
What a beautiful wedding and incredibly fun reception. Congratulations Chris and Kristen. Welcome to the family, Uncle Bean. May your marriage
be blessed with a lifetime of love, laughter, and pure joy.

1 comment:

katieowens said...

What great traditions the Merkle family has! So sweet to have all her siblings in the bridal party! Looks like you had a blast.