Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas Eve

Andy's Grandmom Dickson made this little sweater and hat. I put Lizzie in it to take her to the grocery store the day before Christmas Eve just to pick up a couple items. It took me FOREVER to make it through the store because so many people kept stopping me saying how adorable she was!!! I'm really not complaining. It was sweet and everyone was full of "Aww" when I told them that her Great Grandmother made it for her. Thanks, Mommom and nice work!
Andy's mom came down and picked up the boys the day before Christmas Eve and took them up to Woodstown for the night. They had a blast, of course and it gave Andy and I a chance to get the last minute Christmas stuff done.
We changed things up a bit this year and drove up to Woodstown, had dinner with Merkles and then went to the Christmas Eve service at the church Andy and I got married in, First Baptist Church in Woodstown. We went with Andy's family and then we all drove back to our house right from church. It was a lot of driving, but really nice.

At our house, we munched on some pepperoni cheese ball and crackers (thanks, Jamie Coldsnow, that's a fan favorite!!) and Christmas cookies. Then, we read about Jesus' birth from the Bible. Next, we read Twas the Night Before Christmas and Popsy Claus made his annual debut. Jon wanted no part of Popsy Claus, but Jake and Liz sure did. Lizzie kept staring at him the whole time. It was cute.


The boys picked out some cookies for Santa and sprinkled their reindeer food in the grass. Then we gathered around the piano and the boys played Away in the Manger (I labeled the keys with painters tape and wrote the notes in the book so they could learn...lessons in a couple years probably). Then Andy gave a pretty good performance himself. But we were all wowed with Poppop Dickson's jazzy number! Who knew he could play like that????? Awesome!


Here's Great Poppop and Great Mommom Dickson...aka: Wonderful Ed and GG (or GGM...for Great Grandmom. The boys gave her that nickname when they spent the day before Christmas Eve with them)

2 comments:

KB said...

hey, you got a new couch too!! Oh how we miss you guys! (not because you got new windows and a new couch though) hehe!

Laura said...

Ha ha!! You're so funny! Yes, finally, we got some more "grown up" furniture...yet still very comfy and kid friendly. I've been on the hunt for window treatments lately...just can't decide and I'm not very handy that way, so it's even tougher. I need a friend like you who's awesome at that sort of thing!!! WE MISS YOU, TOO!!! Did you notice the blue Merky boy, though? Still there...Andy's having withdrawal symptoms, so it stays for awhile and the couch is in the basement.