Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall Fest!

I took Lizzie to Fifer Orchards for their Fall Fest a couple weeks ago. We met some of our playgroup friends there and Lizzie had a blast! First, we bought some apples (which we later made into applesauce at home...YUM), some apple cider doughnuts (Sorry, Kristy, are you salivating?), and cider, of course. Then we picked out a couple of pumpkins for our front steps. Lizzie enjoyed riding in the wagon with them. Notice in this first picture how high that stack of straw bales is...
Now notice my monkey at the very top!!! Yup, had no fear what-so-ever, just climbed right up!
Do you see her in the pink pants at the top of the slide? Again, no hesitation, she slid right down!!! The lady at the top couldn't believe how little she was and that she just kept climbing back up to do it again! That's what happens when you have two big brothers, I guess. Monkey see, Monkey do! That's my girl!

This makes Daddy proud...she actually threw it into the hole! Okay, so she's like a foot away, but come on...that's pretty cool. She kept saying "good throw!" Typical Merkle, good at patting herself on her back
;-).



She enjoyed playing in the soybean "sand" box, too.
Fun day! I love FALL!!!

1 comment:

KB said...

as soon as I saw the title of this post I knew you had those yummy doughnuts!! Boy, it really looks like Fifer has stepped it up!! Great little place for fall! We miss you guys!