Friday, December 19, 2008

A Special Visitor







I always thought that Santa travelled on a sleigh pulled by reindeer, but a couple nights ago, he was riding around our neighborhood on a big ole firetruck!!! To the delight of three kids who were already in pjs watching Charlie Brown's Christmas (love that that wonderful show with the true Christmas message is still on TV!) and eating popcorn (well, not Liz, of course), Santa arrived with sirens blaring right in front of our house!!! He and Mrs. Claus handed out candycanes and took a couple pictures and were on their way. What a wonderful treat! Thanks, Camden-Wyoming Fire Dept! That's a nice thing you do, loaning your big truck to Santa.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

We saw santa too!! :) The girls were headed up the stairs to get in the bath and I heard the sirens. I remembered Santa came through last year, so we ran as fast as we could to the street--ha! We were all barefoot and freezing, but it was worth it for the girls to grab a candy cane!