Monday, September 8, 2008

The Weekend

So, the first practice went pretty well. Jake seemed to enjoy himself (though Daddy had a chat with him about hustle afterward) and Jon had a blast (though he cried once because he wanted to wear the orange pinny). Here we are walking to practice. We practice in a big grassy lot in our neighborhood which is really nice!


Friday, our little playgroup met at Wyoming Park and guess who I ran into? Jamie Ahl. Well, she's married now, but anyway...we went to high school together back in Woodstown! I've seen her once before at a skating rink in town, but we exchanged info this time, so hopefully we'll get together at some point. Small world.


Saturday was the big day...Hurricane Hanna was threatening, but we were able to get the first soccer game in!!! We had a little sprinkling of rain, but it was so humid it actually felt pretty good! The kids seemed to really enjoy themselves and it was great to see Jake really into it!! He was going after the ball, trying to dribble and shoot and trying to get it from the other team. He even made a good throw-in to his teammate, Monroe, who scored! Sweet! I was thrilled he was into it and having fun. Jon, Lizzie and Daddy cheered from the sidelines and I had a ball being the ref and coaching...well, it's more like cheerleading, but that's okay. Nice to be back into the game I enjoy so much and sharing it with my son.


Sunday I headed up to my folks' house with the kids. Andy had his UTA weekend with the reserves. Jake, Jon, Mommom Kaycee, and I picked lima beans from my dad's garden, the kids played with their cousins and then we went to Darnel's first Woodstown Pirates football game. He played a whopping 8 seconds, but hey, that's okay. It's his first year ever playing and he's having fun and meeting a lot of kids so that's good. His coach said he's really improving a lot so apparently he doesn't stink as much now as he did when he first started :-) Darnel cracked up when I told him that!!!
Here's Lizzie with Poppop and then with my sister, Jenn. I'm so proud of my sister. She's been a nurse's aid for years and is just starting to go to college to get her nursing degree. With two boys and full-time job, I know it won't be easy, but I'm really happy for her and hope all goes well for her.

No comments: